Highway 1 Stratocaster review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Fender: Highway 1 Stratocaster

Purchased from: Long & MCQuade

At first I was a dumb ass and thought 'this sounds nothing like my les paul' then I realized 'why would I want every guitar I play to sound the same?' I play everything from blues to hard rock. This guitar suites the blues side of my playing. it gives off a warm feel, it is very bright. Through my Mesa boogie nomad it sounds pretty good. At low volumes this thing sounds like crap, not jokeing. Santana said it best "the Fender has a cherry sound, but you have to play it loud to get that cherry sound".

I would not want this guitar for hard rock, it has a great tone for blues and it seems to give me a good vibe when I pick it up. I also have a Gibson Les Paul, I never really understood just how heavy of a sound the Les Paul gave off until I tried this thing, but it is a nice change. The looks are pretty good, I don't think I gave the looks a fair enough review. I rented it because it was fairly cheap (compaired to another Les Paul), and it offered a different sound. All in all I think I am a Gibson man.

I am not sure I would want to play this guitar live. I havent' had enough time with it to really judge, but I'm not sure that I would want to use it live, most fenders to me just don't feel solid when they are in my hands.

I like the 'back side of the neck'. it alows me to slide nicely. the fret board sucks (especially compred to my Gibson). Maple is not the way to go rosewood is the way to go. I rented the guitar used (had it a month), so there were a few dings. it seems to be in good shape. seeings how I don't usually like Fender for thier quality I am suprised that I am giving it a score of 4.

The Highway 1 Stratocaster guitar features the Highway One Series unique finish ? a high resonance, low gloss, satin lacquer, in this case. The Highway One Stratocaster guitar features three classic single-coil pickups with a synchronized tremolo and is avaiable with a rosewood or maple fingerboard. In this case it is a maple fingerboard.