Highway 1 Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Highway 1 Stratocaster

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

I bought this guitar about 4 or maybe even more months ago. So far I love it, and have come across several things. This is a thin finish guitar, so even a small nick will most likely chip it. Mine has chipped in several places, but they are small, and it doesn't matter to me 'cause it will wear off eventually anyway. This guitar is great for playing blues, as it has the perfect tone for it. I am playing it out of a Marshall MG50DFX. With the sound I have one problem. On the clean channel it sound good to me. But however if your turn of the volume and distortion for a good lead or metal sound, the feedback kicks in, and the buzzing it unbearable. At first I thought it was my amp, but then I was told it was my pickups. I will probably get them changed for humbuckers, to reduce the noise coming out. Other than that, this guitar has tons of tones, especially with the amp I'm playing it with.

I play in a classic rock sounding band, and once my pickups get changed I think this guitar will sound great on lead. I've been playing for a year an bit, and after testing out a Mexican Strat, I chose this one because I preferred the look, and sound. If it were lost or stolen, I don't think I'd be getting another one, 'cause honestly I have no money after buying my new amp. But if I did have the money, I would buy another. A feature I like about it is the tremelo system. It doesn't go out of tune at all when I use my whammy bar, which I find quite useful. Once again, I wish I had different pickups, so I wouldn't get the buzz or feedback I get when I put up the volume and distortion. Everything else is great.

This guitar will withstand live playing, as I've played with it before live, and it performed great. The strap buttons are solid, and never have they came off unless I loosened it to much by flipping it around. As I said before, the finish wears off really easily, but I'm doing my best to reserve it, and w/e if it does.

The guitar was set up perfectly at the factory, I just don't like the choice of pickups. This guitat came with absolutely no flaws, and is amazing.

This guitar was made in the USA. It has an alder body, with a satin lacquer finish. It has a maple neck and a rosewood finger board. The frets are 22 mdeium jumbo. The bridge is a Fender synchronized tremelo. The pickups are 3 single coil Alinco staggered. It came with a gig bag.