Highway 1 Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Highway 1 Stratocaster

Purchased from: Guitar And Amp Center of Harrisonburg VA

It is perfect for the types of music I play which is mostly classic rock and blues. I've got an old Fender Champion 30 watt wwhich is ok. I also use a Crybaby Wah pedal w/ it some and the DigiTech DF-7 box. The only problem I have with this guitar is that the pickups are a little noisy. I will eventually upgrade these to some vinatge noiseless pickups. Other than that it has a very rockin sound. It can go from a nice mellow blues tone to punchy rhythm tones to screamin lead wails.

If you play blues and/or classic rock this guitar will serve you well. If it were stolen or burned up er somethin like that then I would probably mourn for a few weeks, and then go buy an identical one.

I've already used this guitar in live playing and its great. This guitar is a no frills instrument. It's perfect for someone who is looking for american crafted quality but at a price that wont break your wallet. It is extremely dependable. The only thing is the finish, which is very thin and can war off easily. I expect mine will be lookin a little ragged in bout 5-10 years, but I dont really care b/c I love the old beaten up Strat look. Mine has taken a few good hits since I bought it, and the finish is still holding up fine.

I'm not really sure how it was set from the factory b/c I had the shop put a deck w/ a maple fretboard on it. The pickups were adjusted fine. There werent any flaws from the shop.