Highway 1 Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Highway 1 Telecaster

I play both blues and 80's metal (Poison, Guns N' Roses, Quiet Riot). I'm running it through a Mesa/Boogie 2X12 Lonestar. The pickups are a little noisy but the output of them is so high that when your playing it covers the buzz. THe neck has a really deep thick blues sound and the bridge has great high end that isn't too twangy like tele's usually are. The bridge puts out an incredible distorted or clean sound. No dislikes so far.

Superb. Don't think I need any other guitar. I can use this for everything.

I have thrown this thing against the walls on stage like SRV and It the finish doesn't chip or anything. It all looks like it would last. I don't bring my backups to shows anymore.

rv_phoenix
    richard_edwards wrote: teles are king. les pauls suck =D
    This is like comparing dogs to pencils.
    '93
    richard_edwards wrote: teles are king. les pauls suck =D
    this is just dumb LPs are good guitar but they are different from teles...they do not seck
    LeakyFlask
    rv_phoenix wrote: richard_edwards wrote: teles are king. les pauls suck =D This is like comparing dogs to pencils.
    HAHAHA oh man. That's the best use of the "this is like comparing X to Y" snowclone I've ever heard.
    dez_bone
    i've been playing one of these for the last 3 years, and its the perfect bare bones tele.
    Coldmystery
    I have been playing one of these for a while now. It rules. If i had the money i'd buy one. The store i work at has one, and it's been my weekend love affair. I currently own the lite Ash tele with duncan pickups and this would be the best compliment. An awesome one-two punch.
    mosh_core25
    buying one this weekend, played it a bunch at the shop, its kickass. cant wait to jam on it, plug it in my beat-ass old marshall.
    dk13
    Endorser wrote: Amazing guitar well worth selling 3 of my others for.
    Definately, got the 06 and it beats the crap out of my strat.
    teamzaius
    My bro has this guitar and it is a sweet tele for the money. The stock pickups are decent and the action is pretty good after a little bit of tinkering. It lacks the bells and whistles of the higher end models but that means savings for you on a quality guitar.
    druz15_UG
    I'm a bit unsatisfied with tunig the e.g. and h string
    Wtf? the "h" string?
    I still use the strings that were originally on it
    And u wonder why the tunings out? Put decent strings on stock strings are rarely any good
    bluesblaster
    i have a problem with the sharp edges on the body, but the guitar overall is excellent. cheers!
    ericgentz
    I personally have a liking for the body, not so much for the pickups of a telecaster, I am more for a strat look,
    ArcherTheVMan
    mark-do i mean this in the nicest way your tele is silent because the line 6 amp features an in-built noise gate.
    djBeWilmingtnNC
    Got mine as a blem from Zzounds this year just before they stopped offering blems on four-pay ~ it was $590...less than $150 a month and I was driving a dark sunburst American beauty. Replaced the white pickguard with a tortoise shell, its even more gorgeous. Best value there is in real American-made guitars, even at the NEW street price of $730. Can't see any reason to go for the extra dough for a tele special, standard or deluxe. Or to save only a few hundred for a Squier classic vibe tele (they're still $350) To my ears, eyes and hands, this is the purest tele there is. (Close second in value for USA-made are the faded les pauls which street at $800)