Highway 1 Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Highway 1 Telecaster

Purchased from: thomann music store

This guitar was what I was looking for. The neck pickup deals with a straight clean sound. But I the bridge pickup sounds amazing. It's a hard, direct sound that no other guitar is able to produce. For the most music I play is Indie and blues rock I can use bot of them. Before I bought that guitar, I had been trying many guitars, I had borrowed from friends. I had my own guitar (some Yamaha beginner thing) but I wasn't satified. Since I bought this Telecaster now Ihaven't played any other (electric) guitar. I use a a Fender Priceton 65W amp and that is the perfect combination. I don't play a lot of distorted sounds, so I survive without any effects except of a cry baby wah.

I play mostly Indie stuff and blues (rock). That is the perfect match. I've been playing for nearly 5 years now. It's my second guitar and definitely one I'll use my whole life. If it were stolen or lost, I'd definitely buy another one. My favourite feature is the bridge pickup. I love the simplicity and hate, I compared it to the Mexico Standard Tele and the American Standard Tele and found out the difference in sound is not worth the 350 Euros an American Standard would cost more while the 300 the Mexico cost less are worth the money. Besides, the American Standard Tele was to heavy. Sometimes I wish I had another one for open tunings.

Telecaster guitars are probably the most easiest guitars to construct. Take a board and some metal, finished! So what could break when not throwing it off a bridge. I even never needed a new string (And I use 009-042). Strap buttons? I has never fallen down yet and I didn't modify anything (Ok, I added a strap for 10 quid). I used it without backup on several gigs and I could always trust it. The finish doesn't look that solid but shows no scratches or anything yet (I wear the belt buckle on the side). But I wouldn't mind if it might look worn off.

It arrived here without any flaws at all. I bought it in a closed Fender box (in the store I had tested a white one -- sunburst was only somewhere in the stock). And even it had been shipped from the US to Europe somehow I just had to tune it. I still use the strings that were originally on it and. I'm a bit unsatisfied with tunig the e.g. and h string.

My Telecaster was produced in America in 2006. It has 22 frets and a maple neck. The colour is 3-tone-sunburst combined with a white pickguard. It have not changed anything at all yet, so there is a 3-way-selector, the classical Tele style bridge and the two classic singlecoil pickups. It came with strings, a gigbag and some stylish Fender stickers.