J5 Telecaster Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 11/09/2012 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Fender: J5 Telecaster
This unusual Telecaster guitar was co-designed by talented shred-meister John 5 himself. Its aggressive Fender Enforcer humbucking pickup at the bridge position and Custom Shop Twisted Tele pickup at the neck will melt even the heaviest metals. Other features include a three-way pickup selector switch, chrome hardware and a radically distinctive headstock design.
 8.5
 1,911
review (1) 50 comments vote for this gear:
J5 Telecaster Reviewed by: ~Shred Hero~, on november 09, 2012

Features: This Telecaster guitar is equipped with an aggressive Fender(R) Enforcer humbucking pickup in the bridge position and a Custom Shop Twisted Tele neck pickup. A three-way pickup selector Switch, chrome hardware and a radical headstock design for behind the nut bends. // 10

Sound: This guitar is quite possibly the greatest Telecaster I have ever played in my entire life. I'm trying to buy this guitar but am having problems doings so (hard to find). However, I have played one because my friend owns one. It sounds amazing! It suits my rock, metal, hardcore, bluegrass, country, blues, you name it; it can play it! I am used this guitar through a Vox AD30VT 30 Watt Stereo 10 Inch Combo Guitar Amplifier, and with a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. It is nowhere near noisy, no buzz, no crackling, nothing but delicious sound! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar is set up with upmost perfection. The headstock is designed for flashy, yet well sounding, behind the nut bends (Made popular by John 5 himself, although many guitarist have done them, I'm not saying he invented them). The action is great! No fret buzz! I use D'Adderio light tops/heavy bottoms and I usually get fret buzz but when played with this guitar, none! No need to adjust the action. The pickups sound great! There are two pickups: 1 Custom Shop Twisted Tele single-coil (neck), 1 Enforcer humbucker (bridge). Both sound great. You can hit a superior range with them to suit your playing. The guitar had no flaws of any kind. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is great for practice, playing at gigs, killing people by smashing them in the head! You name, it can probably do it! The hardware is strong and well-built; you will definatly get years and years out of this guitar. This guitar is built to last, its chrome pickguard can withstand even the most angry player! I would definatly forget about any other guitar but this one if I were to perform a gig with it! // 10

Overall Impression: I play metal, bluegrass, rock, hardcore, blues, almost everything! I've been playing for around a year and half. If I owned this and it was lost or stolen, I would definatly kill myself! that's how much I am in love with this guitar! I love the feel of the neck, the shape, and vast variety of sound this baby produces! Flaws? I only see one, this thing is rather heavy! Other than that, I can't think of anything. // 10

Comments