J5 Triple Tele Deluxe review by Fender

Fender: J5 Triple Tele Deluxe

Purchased from: Musicians Friend Clearance Center

This guitar can suit any music style under the sun. It distorts at really low volumes, but you can still get a pretty clear clean sound in the rhythm position, and that recognizable Telecaster twang in the treble position. This guitar screams with overdrive and distortion. I currently play it through my Epiphone Blues Custom 30 amp with a Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion (set only to the distortion side), Dunlop Crybaby, and an MXR Phase 90. This guitar has excellent tonal range, and is not noisy at all, but can get good feedback if standing close to the amp (I am a feedback junky).

I have been playing for several years, and this is one of the best guitars I have come by. If it were lost/stolen, I would save up and buy it again no question. This guitar has the awesome tone of a tele, can get deep bluesy tones like a les paul, and can play creaming metal like an Ibanez rg. It is truly the most versatile guitar I have ever played.

This guitar is made for Live playing. I would never play without a back-up incase of string breaks, but I wold never worry about hardware problems with this guitar. It's built like a tank (and quite heavy for a Telecaster). It feels about the weight of a les paul. The finish seems very strong and built to last. This guitar seems like it will withstand a lot of abuse.

The action was set up pretty well from the factory. The high E string was off the fretboard a little too much for my liking, but I got a set-up from my local shop and now it plays like a dream. The locking tuners are great for keeping the guitar in tune even with heavy tremolo use. Neck was straight out of the box. Only one flaw in the guitar was a loose screw, which got me 10% off the price (retails at $899.99)

A black double-bound alder body, three hot high-output Enforcer humbucking pickups I, a Vintage Tremolo bridge, and a flash chrome pickguard. Three-way selector Switch, 21 frets, master volume and master tone knobs, locking tuners. Has a maple neck with rosewood fretboard. Made in 2007-2008