J5 Triple Tele Deluxe review by Fender

Fender: J5 Triple Tele Deluxe

Purchased from: eBay

I play all kinds of music but mostly classic rock and metal but this guitar can handle pretty much anything. I usally use my blues junior to practice on and a Fender bassman head through a Marshall cabinet to get louder. I run the signal thorough a Boss overdrive and distortion pedal. The guitar sounds great plugged straight in though. You can get everything from that signature twangy sound that teles are known for at the neck position to a deep low end sound well suited for metal and the bridge with a little mixture of both at the middle. My dad plays jazz and he even likes to play it. You could play pretty much any kind of music you want to with this guitar.

Since I play mostly hard rock and metal, this guitar suit's me well but if I want to tone down for something a little more mellow, than this guitar can handle it well also. I have been playing for about a year now and this is my second guitar which is a huge step up from the Squier Bullet that I have been playing. I also own a Baby Taylor and a Takamine. If it were ever lost or stolen I probably wouldn't get another one due to the fact that I got a really good deal on this one (the average price online is about 1200) and I don't have a lot of money to throw around but that's the only reason. I love how versitile the guitar is and the chrome pickguard is friggin sweet. I don't like how heavy it is but that's the sacrifice for the wide variety of sounds and the awesome looks of three humbuckers. I didn't compare it to anything else at all. I was browsing around eBay and saw this guitar and I knew that I had to have it. The only thing I wish it had was a five way Switch instead of a three way so that even more sound choices were availible but other than that, it's perfect.

This guitar was made for gigging. The chrome pickgurad blinds everybody in the back while everybody up front gets thier ears blasted out. The hardware is very high quality besides the bad pots. I doubt I will have to replace the tuners anytime soon and the finish seems durable and will probably last a long time and the strap buttons are stable. I would definetly use it without a backup if absolutly nessacary due to the fact that putting strings on it takes so little time due to the locking tuners. The only downside to gigging with it is that the triple humbucker stack makes the guitar quite heavy, much heavyer than your average Les Paul which can wear out your shoulders when held for a long period of time. But other than that, it's great.

The guitar was set up almost perfectly when I got it. The action was low and the intonation was perfect. The pickups were perfectly adjusted and everthing was great.. Playable right out of the box. The finish was beautiful especially with the chrome pickguard. The only problem I had was with the electronics. The pots on the knobs were a little faulty but that wasn't really hard to fix but other than that it was perfect. I also put a screen protector over the part of the pickguard. The neck is very comfortable in my hand and is thick enough for easy playibility but not so much that more technical riffs can be played easily

This guitar was a 2007 J5 Triple Tele Deluxe made in Mexico with a rosewood fredboard and maple C shape neck. There are 3 Chrome Covered Enforcer "Wide Range" humbucking pickups which make the guitar really heavy and they're swithched using a three way Switch and it has a black polyester finish with the tele body style. It came with a Standard american Vintage synchronized tremolo bridge and has one volume and one tone knob. There are Fender/Schaller Vintage F style locking tuning machines at the neck and a matching black oversized Stratocaster headstock. The brass pickuard is chromed as well along with all the hardware. It came with a Fender deluxe gigbag