Jag-Stang review by Fender

Fender: Jag-Stang

I used to be in a Nirvana cover band, but have expanded to late ninety's rock as well, but now mostly jam to original tunes written by bandmates and self. The sound I get from this inspires me to go in directions I thought never were possible with one guitar..the Jagstang is very versitile in range on sensitivity on hitting hard or soft and it seems to adjust to any style or clarity. I am using a Fender princeton chorus amp. piggybacked to a Peavey 212 chorus as a cabinet and surprisingly it's sound is like no other! I occasionally swith on the chorus while in overdrive and it boost the distortion to an awesome ambience, that fills any space. A very cool sound! I have modified the humbucker but the rest is orig.stock. For my taste, adding the jb seymor makes all the difference in the world. Also add some Elxir strings, They last!

I originaly bought this guitar for nostalgic reasons, and did not expect such a fine crafted piece of work. However it was instantly my main axe.I have been playing my Jagstang since early 1998 I own a few other Fender Guitars and amps and have been playing seriously for15 + years. The Jagstang is a Favorite of mine, it never collects dust! I am now in search of a sonic blue jagstang I would love to have the pair, So I can modify one just a bit different for a back-up.

Yes! This Guitar can stand live gigs, I have used this thing countless times and has never failed, only like any other guitar it will go out of tune slightly after about 12-15 songs ..but that is only from me playing so hard on some songs, very natural to go out at some point but very average along with my Stratocaster as well as others. very durable! I have had my strap come off a few times and the butt of the guitar had hit the ground very hard at times, but you could never tell looking at it, that it had been in some accidents. Other than a few dings on the finish(what guitar doesn't have dings?)the guitar is made very well. If you treat something special it will stay special! If you punk it on the ground or smash microphones with it, it will damage and break! Just like a hot rodder paying for expensive tires, then peeling out at every stop sign burning the rubber off. I never understood that!

N/A bought from music store and has most likely been set-up to some extent I made a few changes : I raised the humbucker on top side toward the low E sting. raised the action on E, A, B and low E The weight is perfect and the finish is very attractive, I love the neck and the shape of the fretboard. I have had to solder the wire/s under the volume and tone controls that had shaken loose.

1996 Japan 22 frets RH,single coil and modified jb seymor humbucker, rosewood neck, Fiesta Red, White Pearl pickguard bridge.. dynamic vibrato do not have the trem bar, nor do I have the hardcase it came with new.