Jag-Stang review by Fender

Fender: Jag-Stang

Purchased from: local dealer

The guitar fits me perfectly. It sounds a lil bit like a cheap Strat but otherwise simply like a Jag-Stang! I love the sound (I'm playing punk/grunge rock) and you got lots a choices because of the 3-way switches for each pickup. It just has a little noise like every other guitar has in this price range and your flexible with it with the Vintage single coil Strat pickup you're sounding warm and bluesy just like slowhand! The humbucker could be better but is fine with distortion what this guitar is made for!

A nice guitar - well crafted even in japan and a pleasure to play!

Dunno yet.

I in the lucky to say I have a very good specialist guitar dealer in my city he takes the best even out of cheap Yamaha pac's! So that they sounding better than strats and stuff he tuned off the 'low e buzz' and figured out the best wich is a good thing. And I heard a lot of bad thins about this guitar but what can you expect of guitar wich is made for cobain what means to be crushed after every second concert?

I bought my 2003 Japan reissue - Fender Jag-Stang yesterday and just made a brake playing it while I was asleep. It has a basswood body/rosewood fretboard, a Vintage Strat pickup in the neckposition and a special designed humbucker near the Fender faked tune-o-matic bridge wich is installed onto the dynamic Fender vibrato. The body is a dream a new but Vintage styled body wich is formed after the form A+B=C of Jaguar+Mustang. The edges are good an' round and the body is general well formed and with his original fiesta red nice looking. I couldn't imagine a better shaping (after the Strat of course) of the body. The tuners are non-locking ones- Vintage style -like to see in the new Fender catalog!they look nice because they're thin. you got two - phase switches - for the pickups ( one for each- seperatly) I didn'T have fitting case - damn' it