Jag-Stang review by Fender

Fender: Jag-Stang

Purchased from: dunno, birthday presant

It suits my music very well, I'm playing rock a lot right now and the humbucker at the bridge is great! The single and the neck sounds great in combination with the humbucker, it gives the guitar a very punkish sound. I'm using a 15 watt Peavey amp with a DOD Grunge Pedal and they all sound great together.

It's a great guitar and I probably buy another Jag-Stang if mine was stolen or broken. I've been playing for almost 2 years now and only one other guitar (a Hohner acoustic, also a great guitar!). I love how it sounds. I chose this guitar because I had originally wanted a Fender Mustang just like my dad had but they have been discontinued and this was the closest thing to one so I chose this and I don't regret anything.

The finish is great and probably won't wear off in the near future. But as I said before, the strap buttons could be a little flatter than slanted on the sides. I could probably not take a back up for it at a gig but it's better to be save than sorry.

My Jag-Stang was set up almost perfectly at the factory. The action is very low and it is easier to play than a tele-caster. The strap holders could be a little bigger or less slanted on the sides because my strap keeps coming off sometimes. But otherwise, it was set up really great!

22 medium-jumbo frets (perfect for big hands like mine!), one humbucker, one single coil, non-locking tuners, 1 volume and 1 tone knob, one 3-way selecter Switch for each pickup, and a Fender floating vibrato. 2003 made in Japan.