Jag-Stang review by Fender

Fender: Jag-Stang

Purchased from: 3 FEATHERS GALLERY

I'm sure you'll never be dissapointed with the sound, as it has that expensive Strat single-coil tone, plus the hot humbucker I mentioned earlier. I'm currently using it with a small tube amp and a Korg effects board. Its sounding great!

I'm currently into Vintage Rock, and I love Joe Perry's style. The humbucker suits Perry and Slash riffs to a tee. I like playing long, relaxed lead solos and the Jag-Stangs playability aids me in this. I would recommend it to any intermediate lead player. My other guitar (unsurprisingly) is an Epiphone 'Joe Perry' LP. I chose the Jag-Stang due to its unparalleled value for money.

The finish looks extremely durable, all the hardware looks strong so far. I've only gigged once with it, and it handled it superbly. I have fitted strap locks just to be sure, but the original buttons seemed alright. The pickguard seems completely scratchproof! I would definetely feel confident at future gigs with this guitar.

The guitar was set up nicely when I got it, but I've lowered the action considerably - and got away with it without any rattle. The sonic blue finish looks great and I love the pearl pickguard. Everything feels well finished and solid. My friends all envy me now!

It has an American Strat single coil pickup, which has the trademark Jangle. It features its own hot humbucker which has plenty beef. I'm not sure of when it was made, but it was crafted in Japan. I'm still not sure of the Fender vibrato though. It's made all of maple I've been told. It has Vintage Schaller tuning locks and an unusual selector Switch.