Jag-Stang review by Fender

Fender: Jag-Stang

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

The Jagstang has beautiful sound, really rich and deep, but the low strings are louder than the high strings. I use a Peavey 25 watt with lots of effects, and it works beautifully. I have to use a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal, because the amp doesn't have all that great distortion, and it also is great. I play a lot of classic rock and metal, and this is perfect. I also play grunge, and this is Kurt Cobain's guitar, so of course it's good for grunge.

Okay I've wanted this guitar before I listened to nirvana or anything I fell in love with it the minute I saw it. I chose this because I love humbuckers and hate single coils, and it only has one single coil that you can turn off. I considered getting an Epiphone Les Paul Gold Top, and find that this fits my playing better. Not that I'm dissing les pauls or anything, but I like this guitar better.

This guitar will outlive me, probably. The finish is tough, and won't wear. I'm too poor to have a backup, so I have to play without one. Everything is moderately good.

It really does not have any real flaws in the setup. The action is beautiful, and the pickups and everything work excellent.

This guitar is a reissue of the original Jag-Stang designed but Kurt Cobain. The best feature of this guitar is the action, in my opion, because it is set really low, just how I like it. It has one single coil and one humbucker. The single coil is a custom, if I'm not mistaken, and I know that the humbucker was specially designed with Cobain and Fender. It has a Fiesta red finish, and in other words, it is a reddish-orange colour. The pickguard is pearloid, which I find beautiful. The two three way switches that the guitar has are good, but I find that they are situated in a rather stupid place, because I have rubbed my wrist raw from them, as they are directly above the pickguard and where I strum. Altogether, it is a great guitar, I just wish the switches were in a different place.