Jag-Stang review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Fender: Jag-Stang

Purchased from: Back Alley Music

This guitar suits half my style of music. It is amazing for grunge style and rock rhythm, but useless for emo. The bottom frets fail to work, and the bottom string is impossible to bend without the sound cutting out. There is no variety in the sounds, all settings seem to sound very similar, exept, the single coil sounds very 'twangy', but very similar to the humbucker.

I have been playing for three years, and play mostly emo style music, this guitar is useless for this. I origionally bought the guitar due to my ex-obsession with Kurt Cobain, and this guitar is perfect for Nirvana style playing. I currenly run it through either a Roland 30watt effects amp, or a powersound pa with a Zoom 1010 pedal. If this guitar were stolen, I would scream with joy, collect the insurance, then go on eBay, and bid on a Gibson SG if I could change anything about the guitar I would change everything to mach the specs of Angus Young's Signature SG. Overall, I was not impressed with this guitar.

I would not use the Jag-Stang in a gig with, or without backup, simply because is lacks the ability to use heavy distortion and the pickups have a tendancy to crackle. The finish is good, would last a long while.

I think I may have just got a badly set up model of this guitar, after reading other reviews, though it is nice to play, it sounds aweful. The volume control and jack socket make an aweful fuzz if touched.

Made in Japan 2003, 22 frets (I think) and an extremely thin neck. One single coil and one humbucker, 3 settings on each. 1 volume control and one tone. Looks like a Strat been run over and stretched out that my personal impression.