Jag-Stang review by Fender

Fender: Jag-Stang

Purchased from: GAK

I play punk such as Black Flag, Circle Jerks and Minor Threat so this guitar gives it quite a good sludgy sound. I play this guitar through a Marshall AVT150 and a Boss CE-5. The bridge pick up is very beefy and full sounding and also not too noisy when not playing. In a way it is a versatile guitar and not miles away from a Strat feel and sound. Altough the neck pickup sounds very tinny and weak so I do not use it much. This guitar sounds good in the players own opinion this is very much a guitar that needs an aqquired taste.

This guitar is a guitar for people looking for a filthy sound if you are into Led Zepplin or Guns N' Roses or any other classic rock bands buy a Les Paul Copy. I bought this guitar to fufil my lust for pricey Jaguars and Jazzmasters so If this was stolen now I would claim insurance and put more cash towards it and buy a Jaguar. This is a good midrange guitar and is definatly gig and tour worthy and I would reccomend it to someone who wants something different. I have tried to be as honest as possible in this reveiw because all of the reveiws of this guitar all seem to be to one extreme either love or hate. So quite simply if you play dirty music this is for you.

One very good thing about this guitar is that it is extremly sturdy and can take a beating. I play in a punk band and I thrash this guitar but I still take it to gigs with no back up and it withstands anything thrown at it (including bottles).

The guitar was set up nicley with Fender 10 gauge strings. The pickups on the neck were wonky and I thought this was a flaw but I saw this on other guitars done in the same way so it is not a mistake. All in all the guitar had a good set up and I am happy with it.

This is a 2003 Fender Jag-Stang. It has 22 frets and is 'crafted' in Japan. It has a very skinny neck perfect for my smaller hands. It is solid body and is quite a small guitar in general. It is made from a big slab of basswood which gives it a deep unplugged sound. It also come with Tune-O-Matic bridge that Fender calls a 'dynamic vibrato' there are two pickup switches to turn the pickups on and off. It also has a volume and tone control. It has non locking tuners and came with a gig bag.