Jag-Stang review by Fender

Fender: Jag-Stang

Purchased from: AXE music

The sound quality of guitar is pretty good. I say this because if your using the sing coil pickup the sound is great. Clear, beautiful tones, and a nice hammering distortion. However, I think Fender probally put the worst humbucker in history in this guitar. It's unfortunate but true. The guitar is very versatile though, and for a guy like me, who cannot pick one sound, it's great! Even though I use it primarily with a digital amp, complete with effects, it still sounds good. For the money, I could not recommand a better starting guitar for a peson who wnats to become serious about music.

I like to play all over the board musically, and this guitar plays pretty well for most sounds. I have had this guitar for about 1 year and I have been playing for 2, since the purchase I have bought a Jaguar (amasing) and a Washburn acoustic (also amasing). To me this guitar will always be kind of special, it was my 1st electric. Thus, if it were gone, I'd want another. My favorite feature about this guiatr is its style, it's ackwardly feminine, and I love that. I think that's the way its designer (Kurt Cobain) would of wanted it. Especially in the sonic blue color. My most hated thing about this guitar is the humbucker, I can't wait to replace it. I don't think there much else I could say about this guitar, except change the humbucker and it will amaze you.

I have had this guiatr for about a year now, and I play I regularly (almost everyday depending on my mood) and I must say I have not had a problem. The finish is pretty tough, I've knocked this thing around quite a bit, and it still looks great. I think overall this is a solid guitar and you wouldn't have any problems with it. I would depend on it solely for a gig for sure.

When considering the action of this guitar, I would have to say that is perfect! The guitar came in great shape, absolutely wonderful. I didn't have to adjust a thing! Not only this, but the instrument plays like a dream, the design works really well, especially the thin neck, if you have small or very unflexible fingers. Not much to say here, but that this guitar is definetly a 10 in this category.

The guitar came with a strap, cable, and a gig bag. Not to shabby.