Jag-Stang review by Fender

Fender: Jag-Stang

Purchased from: Guitar center (used)

This guitar suits my musical style perfectly. I play grungey modern rock metal mostly (I play a lot of other styles too such as blues etc.) I play through a Behringer v-tone 30 watt amp. I use a crybaby wah and the presets on my amp. It is not very noisy like buzz sounds but it can be very loud. I can get a nice clean jazz sound all the way to a crunchy metal sound.

This is definitely a good match for my kind of music which I told you above. I have been playing for two years and my other gear is an Ovation Acoustic and a Epiphone SG Special. No there is not something I wished I would have asked before buying this product. If it were stolen I would by another one. I love everything about the guitar. I really like the pickups on this guitar also. I did not compare it to other products. I think this guitar has everything I need.

This guitar will withstand live playing. The hardware is great. I did put strap-locks on it though (but the original buttons were good). I would use this guitar without a backup Live No Doubt. The finish is very good and will last a long time. I can depend on this guitar always.

The factory set up the guitar pretty good but the action was a little high (which I fixed) The pickups are great. There was no flaws at all in the guitar itself. It did have a couple of dings and scratches but I knew it would considering it was used. The action is really good now that I fixed it.

My Jag-Stang is a 2005 reissue. It was made in japan like most Jag-Stangs. It has 22 frets and the fretboard is rosewood. It is solid top and the finish is fiesta' red. It has a similar face of a guitar like a Tele. Its flat top I guess you could say. The bridge is called a "Dynamic vibrato". The controls you are given are two switches. One Switch for the humbucker and one Switch for the single coil. I'm am not sure about the tuners but I think they are just Fender. I got a case with my purcjse which knocked off about $200.00.