Jag-Stang review by Fender

Fender: Jag-Stang

Purchased from: Ebay

I play a lot of punk, hardcore and easycore, I had do tweak my distortion pedal to get the sound I wanted from this guitar, the humbucker in the Bridge dosn't sound that good in my opinion but the singlecoil did sound fantastic. I took everything out of the guitar and installed a Gibson Dirty Fingers humbucker and now it sounds awesome, I LOVE the dirty fingers in a basswood body, makes the guitar sound awesome as hell. Stock = 7/10 Dirty fingers = 10/10

It's a good match since I changed the electronics but as stock this guitar is not for me. I been playing for quite sometime now and I own a ES 333 (With dirty fingers) and a Hagstrm with EMG 81x humbucker. I love the attitude, and having something that most people haven't seen, everybody asks me "is it a jaguar? Is it a mustang?". I hate the Low E buzz and the sound of the stock humbucker. But the neck is pure awesomeness!

The guitar seems solid, played a bunch of shows with it, been really rowdy, it's been falling off, thrown into stuff and had much sweat on it, seems to stand anything. And I don't care about the finish or anything like that, I have a bunch of scrapes and dings on it.

It's pre-owned so the set up was good. The low E string buzzzz a bit and it wasn't intonated. I don't care for the "cigar tube" either, and it was kind of loose and made the guitar out of tune easily, but I made the springs tighter... Would love to se an Re-issue with the same pickups and quality as Kurt Cobain had.

I have the fiesta red, made in 1996 in Japan, has an anniversary sticker on the back of the headstock. I think the body is made of basswood, not sure about the neck but it has a rosewood fretboard on it. The neck is the pearl of this guitar, it's the best, the neck is absolutely perfect. The best neck I ever played, it's kinda small and it fits my hand perfect. The electronics are passive, one hubucker and one singlecoil, one volume and one tone, a pick up selector and a Switch to get it "out of phase".