Jag-Stang review by Fender

Fender: Jag-Stang

Purchased from: Ebay

I was acctually supprised with the sound quality, the neck pickup sounds fantastic but the humbucker not so much. The humbucker has sort of a muddy sound, but I play alot of grunge music so it suits me. And I am using a Line 6 digital amp. Again this guitar has sort of an acquired sound if you will. You have to have a certain style to enjoy it.

This guitar totally fits my music style. I've been playing it for six years and its still in great condition. But the whole guitar is stock nothing has been changed whatsoever. Many people like to put seymore duncans in but I do not recommend doing that it will change the overall sound of the guitar. The thing I don't like about it is the vibrato it makes my guitar get out of tune easy. The things I love about it are, I love the shorter scale neck and that fiesta red color. I think Fender really outdid it self.

I've had this guitar since 2005 and bring it to many gigs and believe me it's had it's fair share of beatings and still looks great. This guitar is definitely gig worthy you won't have a problem with it screwing you over. So yeah a major plus on "gigworthyness".

The overall finish of this guitar is indeed beautiful. The neck was perfectly aligned no problems there Bridge was perfect. No flaws that I can see great finish love that fiesta red color. It also has that classic Fender headstock that the 50s and 60s strats have.

I had purchased a 1996 fiesta red Fender jagstang made in Japan. It has a single coil neck pick up and a humbucker. It also has a solid basswood body. Volume and tone control, two switches to control combinations of pickups, Fender dynamic vibrato, and a beautiful pearloid pickguard. A 22 fret neck made out of rosewood.