Jaguar HH review by Fender

Fender: Jaguar HH

I absolutely love the tone of the Dragster Humbuckers. They are Fender designed. I play all kinds of music. I do guitar lines that are twisted to hell for industrial and electro style music, I play metal, classic rock blues country style bluegrass Indie rock primarily though. The bridge pickup is a dragster humbucker, as is the neck. But the bridge is very jangly and bright. This is very fun for grunge and blues. I just play this guitar clean every chance I get, thru my Vintage Carvin half stack reverb all the way up. With the rythm circuit engaged it makes the switches on the bottom useless, they don't do anything, it goes neck pickup only and its louder and its deeper. I love this tone. its so heavy and clean and perfect for jazz guitar. Though I can't play that style of music very well my roomie loves that stuff and steals this guitar from me every chance he gets and those jazz chords sound so rad on this thing.

I have recently been playing alot of clean stuff and transitioning out of metal and this guitar rules for everything with the gain turned low. I really haven't experimented with heavy hard rock stuff because it sounds so Boss clean. If I broke it, lost it had it stolen or just wore it out, I would totally get another one I love this thing. This is my dream guitar I always wanted this one and it did not disappoint. I play lead and rhythm guitar and I play bass. I mentioned earlier I play a Jackson DK2M as my main lead axe. My bandmates don't do lead so I'm often in that role tho I like to play chords a lot. This guitar rules for both, though the pickups don't have a lot of character I love em but they aren't much on their own, which is great with a good efects console. I'm running off a Boss ME-70. And when I am lucky enough to do rhythm I use this guitar, the Jag, and it performs admirably. And when I do bass I play a Yamaha RBXA2 4 string bass with active pickups. I love all my gear.

This guitar is solid. its all rugged and tough. I would jam with this thing Live for sure, its not my main guitar though. I play a Jackson DK2M which is just better for heavy distortion. and has 24 frets for crazy solos. but I would have this No Doubt for any clean things or rythm guitar roles. And melodic stuff. But frankly my main guitar is better suited for playing lead guitar and handling distortion.

The action is great, one complaint, only one, the low "e" string when picking fast right on the bridge has opped off the saddle on me a few times, this can be fixed in 2 seconds, but its annoying to be playing something like the pulp fiction theme and then have the string just come off the saddle. But thats just cuz im playing like right on the bridge. Thats normally not a problem and its never happened while I'm strumming chords or picking on any other strings. The finish is beautiful and I love everything else about it.

I got this guitar about 2 weeks ago, so I haven't got as deep into it as I could. This guitar made an awesome first impression on me. I got it Brand New its an '09 Japanese. Straight out of the box. The neck is a 24'' scale. I understood before I got it that it was going to be a small neck, I have larger hands than average so I was surprised that despite the small scale it was quite easy and comfortable to play still. I would strongly recommend this instrument to someone with smaller hands, but that does not mean it is limited to people with small hands. It has an off Axis waist or something like that, I forget the term. But it is not symmetrical, this guitar is extremely comfortable to play seated, but can be a little awkward while standing. I got it in black with a black pick guard and chrome everything, except the switches which are black plastic, but the knobs are all chrome. It has a front jack, I kinda like my jack to be on the bottom but small price to pay in my opinion.