Jaguar HH review by Fender

Fender: Jaguar HH

It could be my amp but I do find it to be tinny at times. That being said, it does add some jangle to the rhythm. I've had the guitar for about 5 years and I've found every sound in between with this guitar. The rhythm circuit feels like it has more body. As a lead guitarist I stay away from this, which is a shame because the low end is really good on this guitar. Sustain is lacking, but it is pretty bright. The sound can be better, but I'm willing to forgive it until I hear through a better amp.

Fit and feel are right on. People always ask what I'm playing and it leaves an impression every show. I do feel that the sound can be fuller. Unless I do a check before I play there is a risk of the tone sounding thin if I have the wrong settings on. The machine heads are the only main point of complaint. Restringing can be arduous, but have to get used to it for sure.

I've taped up the pickup selects on this guitar as I was turning everything off in the heat of the moment. I take care of this guitar between gigs and in storage, but during rehearsal and shows I give this guitar a pounding and it hasn't failed. Great reliability and durability.

Action and fit was amazing from the get go. I had a problem with the bottome E string popping but only because I flipped the bridge by accident when I first restrung the guitar. I don't have that problem anymore (my attack can range from subtle to violent, it has no problem now). I feel like I can glide on this neck, the guitar feel light. It just feels natural and intuitive. It looks sexy and not too many people play it, so the all chrome everything make an impression.

I got this for the two circuits, rhythm and lead circuits. I leave the rhythm volume down and lead all the way up. I cut back and forth and use toggle tricks for lead lines this way. It was a fluke when I found out how to do this, but the end result was something from the book of Morello.