Jaguar HH review by Fender

Fender: Jaguar HH

I play many different styles but mostly alternative rock, this guitar has always been great for any kinds of styles and suits my particular style very well. I like the many options of tone that I can use to suit certain music styles. I play my Jaguar through a Vox Valvetronix VT20+ and I like to use, modulation effects, reverb and delay. I find that I can get a nice full sound on the neck pick-up and a great bright crisp sound from the bridge pick-up, this guitar is not noisy at all. This guitar has a vast variety of sounds as I have said above I can get the nice lows and highs and a good balance of both.

This guitar ticks all of the boxes when it comes down to playing different styles as it is flexible and has variety. I have been playing guitar for around 7 years and own a Farida acoustic and a Squire Tele, so this guitar was my first big investment in gear and I have never once been disappointed with my purchase. If this guitar was stolen or I lost it I would consider getting another Jaguar or maybe just spending more money on a even better quality guitar even though I really love this guitar.

I have used this guitar live many of times in different bands, playing different styles. I find that when using my Jaguar it feels sturdy and reliable and I know the hardware will last a long time, as it already has done. I have always used this guitar without a back up, but I think having a reliable back up is essential in any case. The finish is good and thick even after a few bangs and scrapes. I can see myself having this guitar for a much longer time than I already have, and using it for much more liver performance and recording.

This Guitar was set up very well from the factory, I found that the action was great and felt just right for me. The pickups were set up as they should be and didn't need to be adjusted at all and still to this day they are still rightly positioned. When I first played this guitar I looked over the whole thing like a hawk and didn't find any signs of mistreatment or factory faults, I tried out all of the controls and the guitar was prestige, not a single problem or flaw. I suppose the only issue with jaguars in general is the high e popping out of the saddle, but I have yet to experience this issue after 6 years of owning it.

This model was made in 2009 in Japan, it's got 22 Vintage style frets and a "C" shape rosewood finger board with a maple neck, the top of the guitar is solid alder wood coated with Urethane finish. The bridge is a 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Adjusto-Matic with Anchored-Tailpiece. The electronic on this guitar are passive and the controls consist of Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone. Rhythm Circuit: Volume, Tone. This guitars stock pick-ups are two Special Designed MIJ Dragster Humbuckers for both neck and bridge. This guitar has Vintage style tuning machines. When I bought this guitar I got a gig bag with it.