Jeff Beck Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Jeff Beck Stratocaster

I play all styles except metal, I play blues, jazz, rock, punk and silent pop. It's a Strat so it can handle about everything, it isn't the greatest guitar for heavy music but it can manage it very well. I use an AC30-CC2 and the sound is sex! I also use an overdrive/DS pedal to get me some hard sounds and it works ok, as you can expect from a Strat. But if you want to play all kind of genres and styles buy a Strat. If you want the extras and a "bit better" Strat, buy a Jeff Beck.

I like strats, and it's the best guitar if you play a lot of different genres and styles. It's not the best guitar for metalheads or hardcore moshers but the guitar can handle the genres. When I just had it, a friend wanted to play and he directly fell in love with it (like I did). He plays the guitar for over 25 years and had over 30 guitars. He says it's one of the best guitars he ever had and I think he says the truth. If it was stolen I would just buy another one, it's not a cheap guitar but it's worth the money!

I have the guitar for about 8 months now and nothing has happened. When I got back home I checked the hardware and everything was well done, it will last for ages. It's a great guitar for playing Live and I would defenitly go without a backup because it doesn't seem like the neck will break or the hardware won't last.

I had to adjust some minor stuff just to suit my style but no big deals. I have a normal playing style (I do a lot of bends) but none of my strings have broken! On my previous guitars and my mates guitars I had to adjust the saddles a bit 'cause the strings would break but on this one: no! It might be only my guitar, that's something I don't know.

I went into the store to get myself a new guitar, I thought of a normal american Strat until I saw the Jeff Beck. There were 2 Jeff Becks (the cheap and the expensive) and because of the price I only played 5 minutes on the expensive one. I tested the cheap jeff beck and the american Strat guitar longtime and the Jeff Beck was defenitly the best! After I tested some other guitars like the Eric Clapton, Johnson but for me the Jeff Beck was the best among them. The neck is C-shaped with a contoured heel which is very easy to play high notes and to play them quick and smooth. The pickups are Noiseless and they give a great sound, that bit better than the Standard ones. It has got a roller nut and locking tuners which are some nice extras.