Jeff Beck Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Jeff Beck Stratocaster

It sounds great finger picking like on an acoustic, or cranking distortion, or clean Jazz chords. Extremely versatile. It sounds great through my Fender Cybertwin, Fender Frontman, and Carvin Acoustic amps. The whammy bar is great (two point) and will pull up or down high. It's hard for me to describe the pick-ups, but they are versatile, quiet, and controllable with tone knobs. They "may" be more sensitive than my custom shop Strat with noiseless cobalts - or brighter, if you need that, but not twangy & "in your face" like a Telecaster.

In summary - the best feature is the perfect intonation. It vibrates so fully unplugged. Every chord sounds rich and in tune all over the neck. Play a normal E chord on the 12th fret and it sounds as naturally in tune as it does on the 1st fret. It's as nice as my 3, 000 dollar custom shop Strat! If I lost it, I would seek out another. I never really knew anything about Jeff Beck. I appreciate his talent, but a bit over-the-top for me. But he & Fender put together a great guitar. This guitar "feels" good.

This guitar is very well built and dependable. Again, better that an American Std Strat. I would feel comfortable traveling with it without a backup. The retro case is very nice with bright Orange fur in it. Pretty cool. If you've never changed strings with locking tuners you will be amazed. I will never buy another ekectric without them.

VERY nice fit-n-finish. It's as nice as my 3, 000 dollar custom shop Strat! This guitar is really a bargain. About the same features as a 1,500 dollar American Deluxe, but you get that rare surf green color and Jeff's specially designed pick-ups. Wildwood guitars set up the whammy for me mailed it. Risky, but I got a peach. The guitar was actually in perfect tune after being trucked from Colorado to Oklahoma City! They are a good company to deal with too. If you no likey, they'll take it back with no hassle.

2011 model - US made. Surf Green. See Fender's website for specific features. I.e. Custom noiseless pick-ups, Schaller locking tuners, much more. The quality, I think, is much higher that an American STD Strat, or the HSS Custom Deluxe Strat models. Fender strap, cable, tools, strap locks (U-shaped), all normal case candy.