Jim Root Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Jim Root Telecaster

Sounds great! I play mostly metal(I know, cliche) and this thing gets it done. The EMG 81(when compared to my ESP viper) is pretty similar, but the Tele has more warmth and is less harsh than the ESP. The EMG 60 is so nice. It is a lot warmer then the 85, but probably not as good for lead stuff. I think because of the larger body. I am used to a rosewood fretboard, but I'm warming up to this one. This is a good all-round guitar and even better for high gain stuff.

EMGs = Metal. I love the differences between this guitar and my ESP. Both are good guitars, but the Tele just seems to have more. It is heavier, so you get a better sound, but it wont give you back problems, like a LP. It looks so cool. If were stolen, I would want to get another one, but I would have to finish paying this one off first. When compared to other guitars with EMGs OE, it is great. I would defiantly recommend trying to get the "blem" one, cause if you can't, I would recommend getting a high end ESP LTD EC1000. it's the same thing, little cheaper, but way more color variety. On the hole, a wonderful axe. Anything that I wish it had? Lasers.

Very solid. Seems like it would last as long as you took care of it, and not even that good of care. You could really depend on this guitar if you play Live a lot. I don't, but it just seems like the construction is better than my ESP. I had to replace the strap buttons the day I got my ESP, they were so lose. I don't feel like I have anything to worry about with this guitar. Just tune it and go.

Factory Setup = Shit. I took it out of the box, started to tune it and broke a string. After that, it seemed that every string rattled. Lucky, I know a good luthier and he had it setup with XL 12-52( wound d, pussies) and a great action. I haven't looked back since, plays great, sounds great, I would totally bone this guitar if it was a chick.

Made in '08, this guitar has locking tuners, maple neck and fretboard, EMG 81b/60n, string through bridge, 3 way toggle, one master volume knob. Mine is satin black with a white pickguard, so pretty. All of these are MIM, but the quality is great, even though mine is a "blem" code(I never found the blemish). Also, a little bit of the heal where the neck bolts on is carved, very nice if you're a shredder(I'm a chugger). It comes with a sweet ass case. really cool, great quality. However, I wish it had more knobs for a little more control, but oh well, just play I wide open all the time.