Jim Root Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Jim Root Telecaster

It suits my music style very well because I am a metal head and a huge slipknot and stone sour fan. Which is mainly why I got it because its jim roots signature tele from slipknot/stone sour. But... I say but because it can suit any music style I promise you. Switch in accoustic mode on your amp and it sounds exactly the same. But if I had to say then I would recomend it highly to hard rock/metal players. I use a Marshall AVT valvestate 2000 which is a 150 watt amp and I use a Boss metal core pedal. All them combined you have the perfect sound. It has a rich warm deep sound, but I have the treble and bass quite high and it sounds perfect for my liking but if your playing slipknot then its awesome for those fat bass sounds they have on the CD's. You practicly make it to any sound you want and will still sound amazing. As far as squeels go there's not much you can do there. But pinch harmonics quite easily accomplished with this guitar and they sound the tits on this model. But there is so much variety in terms on sounds. I could fiddle with this for hours and get any number of sounds with it.

I play anything from a little bit of Indie to heavy metal/metalcore. This suits me perfectly its a great match for any type of music! It looks like a Standard tele apart from it has EMG's and a Standard bridge but I play lead and so much solo's on it. Its just simply amazing for lead playing as it was built for a lead player. But if you play rythm its also perfect for that aswell. I've been playing for round about 2 year I own a Standard squire Strat which is rubbish but it got the job done back in the day. I also own a Marshall avt 150 watt amp and a Boss metal core pedal. there's nothing I would have asked before buying because there's nothing bad about it or anything to be asked. If it was stolen I would seriously cry for about 3 days straight without sleeping. I would miss my GCSE exams due to depression, then hunt down the person who stole it. Torture them untill they thought death was better than being tortured then kill them. that's how seriously good this guitar is. I chose this guitar mainly cos I'm a massive slipknot fan and also stone sour. And jim root is one of my biggest idols apart from joey jordison. But when I found out you can pretty much play anything on this guitar I had to get it. And it was cheaper than I thought it would be so I didn't hesitate in doing it. The only thing I wish it had was 24 frets but that's it. I'm not kidding around when I say this is quite truely could be the best guitar that was ever made and your missing out if you don't even simply try one out in a shop cos its so comfortable.

This guitar would withstand live playing very easily you could jump around all you want and the stap would even come off. The hardware will last as I know because I dropped it on laminate wood flooring 3 times and so such sign as a scratch. I would use it in a gig without backup because simply its fantastic. The finish will last without a doubt. I would personally give anybody money that has a jim root tele and is scratched without purposly doing it.

The factory set up was in Standard tuning but it was in tune and sounded perfect. I changed the string because I play on 11 - 12 guage strings so I changed them after 2 weeks of playing in standard. The pickups were set up fine and still are to this very day. And I've had this guitar for just about a year and I've played on it everyday. Every thing was in the right place and I have had to replace or change anything. As far as I know this guitar doesnt't contain any flaws. Never ever had any problems with it. I've dropped it like 3 times and I was amazed to find out nothing was wrong with it. NOT EVEN A SCRATCH!

The Jim Root Telecaster was made in 2007, it was made in mexico which surprised me. It has a 22 jumbo frets which on this guitar are very comfortable, it has a thin and wide neck. Maple neck with ebony fingerboard. There are 2 finishes, flat white with black pickguard or a flat black finished with white pickguard but I have the flat white finish because it simply in my opinion just looks nicer. Obviously its a tele body. It has a Standard bridge. Active 81 and 60 EMG pickups. It has a single volume knob and a 3 way selector. It has locking tuners I'm not sure which make but they are awesome. A hardcase Fender case with it without ordering one.