Koa Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Koa Stratocaster

Purchased from: Music Room

I Play Acoustic guitar, and wanted a good electic guitar to develop into more blues, jazz, funk and light rock, and this guitar is amazing. I do not use any pedles, and I use a Roland cube amp, yet I'm hoping to get a Fender blues junior, or something along those lines. Because this guiat is fitted with the high quality Seymour Duncan pups, this guitar is incredibly expressive and has an incredible tone. This guitar is a truly incredible sounding instrumet.

As said before, i play very melodic stuff, which this guiat is truly amazing for john mayer to snow patrol to bob marley. I've been playing for over 4 years, and I'm 14 years old (sorry if this review isnt great) and if this guitar was stolen, I would TRY to get another, yet this would be difficult as it has been discontinued, and I was really lucky to find it in a shop. I looked at other strats, Godins, levinsons blades, ibanezs, and many others, but being an appearance lover, as I passed by the window of the shop and saw this. I had to play it, and then I realised it had Seymour Duncan pups in it, which I was surprised about because I had not seen a koa wood, Seymour Duncan pickuped guitar before. It sounded amazing, and bought it that day, we haggled down from 450 and the guiat was in the sale for I belive 500 although I cannot remeber. All in all a fantastic guitar, and I wish Fender didn't discontinue it :)

I have had no problems so far with this guitar, yet I have not had it that long, or gigged with it yet, but it feels very sturdy in your hand, a very durable guitar- having said that, I wouldn't want any damages to teh amazing finish, but it seems pretty good.The stap buttons are oversized, and are very secure, and I feel no need to use strap locks. Being a fender, you get a lifetime warranty on it anyway, and I hear the customer help is very good.

The finish is beautiful. It looks amazing, and the guitar plays pretty well. The frets are smooth, yet I have played smoother, but saying that, this guitar is a very well put together guitar, and I've had no problems with the action. Being a fender, it is well constructed, and I have not found any main flaws in design yet...

As said in the previous review, this guitar was made in 2006, and was fenders first non-custom shop guitar to have koa wood. The wood is actually a veneer over american basswood. It was made in korea, yet uses many parts of higher quality american Standard guitars.It has a bidseye maple neck, and a rosewood fretboard, with 22 medium jimbo frets. It has a 5 position pickup selector, and normal volume and tone controls. It also it fitted with Seymour Duncan APS-1N, APS-1RWRP, APS-1B (neck, middle, bridge)(APS= Alnico pro staggered. It has a two point syncronized tremelo, and chrome hardware. I believe the tuners are sealed/cast non locking Tuning machines.