Kurt Cobain Jaguar review by Fender

Fender: Kurt Cobain Jaguar

Price paid: € 960

Purchased from: guitar village

The guitar is so versatile. It will do grunge amazingly, but I have been able to get good blues, metal and all else I have tried to play on it. I also own a Gibson Les Paul, but this guitar is so much better. It has so many different depths and dimensions. The after market pickups combined with the intricate wiring really make this guitar stand out from anything that Fender have ever done. In fairness it is hardly a Fender. Probably what would happen if Fender and Gibson got it on. The guitar has so many different tones. I've run it through a black heart little giant thus far, looking forward to trying it on my big Marshall cabs.

I play a bit of everything, I have been playing 16 years now, and like to play anything that is a challenge. My heart is in grunge hence buying this guitar, but it does so much more! If it were stolen I would replace it then use the replacement to kill the thieving git that pinched it. I just love how authentic this is. What really surprised me though is you can play anything on this, from Clapton, Slash, Mustaine, right down to Stevie Ray Vaughan. This guitar represents the Legend that Kurt Cobain was. Don't be put off by the price tag, far more meaty than a Strat and more versatile than my Les Paul. This is one of two guitars I own that I will ever part with.

If Kurt's stood live playing this should do it! Feels solidly made. The toggles feel more secure than on a Mustang.

The finish is amazing, Not because it looks brand new, but because of the sheer craftsmanship to reproduce Kurt's guitar. I loved it that my mates wife (a take that fan) asked me if I was going to take it back as it looked damaged. Action seems fine. Even came downtuned. I have put some Dean Markley 10-52 gauge on for a true sound.

I bought this guitar as I am a huge Nirvana fan, and for years of playing have never quite been able to find that true Nirvana sound. This guitar does that! The price initially put me off, as it seemed crazy for a Mexican made Fender (although the factories are around 100 miles apart). This guitar is the real deal, when it arrived all the thoughts about the cost rescinded as a massive smile filled my face. Every nick and knock that Cobain's Jaguar had is there. It is like a master ART fake. I love it!