Lite Ash Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Lite Ash Stratocaster

Purchased from: Dawsons

I manily play Jazz and Blues, sometimes playing rock. The three single coils supply a great clean sound, and a just as good distortion, though overdrive is better. On some amps when just one pickup is selected it can be noisy but this does not affect me (If considering buying, make sure you try it out on a few amps as this can vary). The pickups supply a bright sound, similar to all strats, but when the neck pickup is selected it is possible to get a very nice full sound. I play in my own rock band and a big band playing jazz/funk/blues this guitar suits my style absoloutely perfectly, and can supply the sound I want when I need it.

This is a perfect match for my style of playing. I have been playing for around 3 and a bit years and I run the guitar through a Line 6 Spider 2 112 and through a Marshall MDFX 100, it will sound good through any amp with a bit of tweaking. Should it be stolen I would not hesitate at buying another I think this guitar will stay with me forever. I love the playability and the sound. I compare it to my PRS santana and it outclasses it. I would be good if it had locking tuners but they are not really necessary. If you like Strats buy this! If you like guitars buy this!

I have played live with this guitar, and it stood up to the job like no other. The hardware is good quality and well fitted, and I think will last the lifetime of the guitar. It comes fitted with oversize starp buttons, so there is no worry about loose straps. I have used this guitar without a back-up and will continue doing so, it feels like it will last forever, as does the finish.

The guitar was perfect from the day I brought it apart the horrible strings that came on it, I changed these immidiately. Apartfrom that it is perfect for me, the action is just right, and the neck is just so playable. I have played my friends USA deluxe Srat and I feel that this is much better.

This is a Korean Stratocaster, it came with a padded gig bag and tremolo bar etc. As the name suggests, the body is made out of Ash and the neck is birdseye maple. It has the classic 5-way pickup selector, 2 tone controls and a volume control. It is fitted as standard with Seymour Duncan single coils, I think they are the quarter pounders but could be another model. It is fitted with non-locking tuners and a Standard Stratocaster tremolo. The only downside is I was supplied with an incorrect tremelo bar which is slightly loose in the fitting.