Lite Ash Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Lite Ash Stratocaster

Purchased from: Thomann

The guitar doesn't really suit my music style, which is mostly rock and some metal; but that doesn't bother me because I bought the guitar for occasional jazz/blues/acoustic songs which I play, it's a tad too twangy for me but I have heard that is what the Strat sound is. If you want to play with distortion I suggest not buying this guitar because it can't cope. A definite buy for a blues or jazz player. I play it through a Roland: Micro Cube. It is sufficiently loud, it has a VERY bright tone when on the bridge pickup, but that brightness immediately becomes richer after you change to the middle or neck pickups. When selecting a single pickup there is a noticeable amount of feedback, but it is dead silent when the pickups are combined.

As I said it's not the best match for my style but it was what I was looking for, it plays clean and acoustic well which my other guitars just can't because they were made for heavier things. I have been playing for 2 years and own 8 other guitars, this Fender and my Les Paul Custom are the 2 guitars which wow people the most, it definitely looks more expensive than it is. I would definitely buy another one if it got stolen. I love the neck and the body but not too keen on the twangy sound. I compared this against other low priced Fender's and I found that this guitar had both the looks and the sound which I was after. For the price you can't go wrong.

I think that it will withstand playing Live and it better cause I've got a gig coming up. The hardware seems pretty sound but the chrome finish will probably fade in time but it just depends when, but so far still shining. The strap buttons are great and are solid, I own several guitars so I always will have a backup but I think I could rely on this guitar without a backup.

The action was fantastic and on par with another Fender a friend owns; Eric Clapton Stratocaster (multi-coloured, 900 pounds). I was very pleased with that. The pickups are about 1/4 cm away from the strings which is fine for me. The guitar had no flaws when I received it.

Korean made, 22 fret, maple, neck which I feel is surprisingly angular but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Solid transparent, Ash top: stunning. Tremelo bridge, 1 volume, 2 tone and 5-way selector. 3 Seymour Duncan pickups. Non-locking, 6 in a line tuners. Came with cable, tools and tremelo.