Lite Ash Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Lite Ash Stratocaster

Purchased from: Regent Sounds

I like to play indie/alternative rock music, when I'm jamming with my friends, such as the likes of Arctic Monkeys and The Strokes, for which this Fender provides the appropriate twang of a Strat, and the degree of lightweight sound. it's also great for blues/jazz music, as the guitar has a smooth, flowing tone curtisy of it's brilliant Seymour Duncan pickups, when put on a clean setting. I currently use a Marshall MG10CD 10watt amp, but will soon upgrade to a MG100DFX amp, so I can gig with it. It works will for all types of rock music and all pedals, I use a Classic Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal, which also gives the guitar a sweet-sounding Pete Townshend Tone. A wonderful sound.

A great match for Indie music, and also a definate for a bluesy msuic. I've been playing for about 6 years now, and I first had a Epiphone Standard black Les Paul as a hand down from a family member, but soon found it was too heavy for me, and I needed something lighter. Therefore, I purchased a cheap, Standard sunburst, rosewood neck Squier Strat. However, as my knowledge and skill of the guitar grew reletively quickly, I found myslef needing an upgrade, as the Squier soon became unreliable, and worn. This guitar definately equipped me with everythng I need to peform a good Live performance, and matched my quality of playing. If it were stolen, I would definately wold be in pieces, and would want to purchase another or one similar to this model. I love the colour of the guitar, and the durablity. I don't hate anytihng on this guitar, but merely a few mild annoyances, suck as the Floyd Rose. Previously, when I set out to buy a new guitar, I had my sights set on the Squier Tele Custom, and when I arrived at the shop, immediatly fell in love with this guitar. And from it, I have developed a keen intrest in Fender Strats, as they suit my style. It has been a sucessful and rewarding relationship with guitar, and if you decide to buy one, I doubt you will not love it as I do.

I strongly believe that this guitar would provide a great Live performance from small to large gigs. I have played with it at a reletively small venue, with no intention of bringing a backup, and it ran smoothly. One other feature of the guitar is that it has oversized strap buttons, which provide a great deal of movement on stage, and the worry of a loose strap doesn't cross the mind while playing. I do believe this guitar has a long-term use and durability, and will not need to purchase a new model for many, many, years to come.

I feel that it was well made, apart form the Floyd Rose, only because I don't really use it and it has no relevance the to style of music I play. Also, the input nut on the jack may become loose over time, but doesn't pose a long term problem. Overall, a well thought-out build.

Made in 2004 in Korea, with 22 Medium jumbo frets coated with a polyurethene finish, This part of the new, cool, special edition series form Fender. In terms of the body, it sports a beautiful lightweight Ash wood, with a smotthly crafted birdseye maple neck. I opted for the sleek all black color, which definately gives the guitar a edge, stylish, contrasting look. The bridge is a 2-point synchronized tremolo, which I find can sometimes cause a problem, especially if I'm doing some picking where I require an amount of sturdy-ness to rest the side of my hand on, the slightest movement affects the sound. The controls consist of the usual 4 knobs of the Strat, 2 for tone, 2 for volume, and a 5-way pickup selector (form left to right, Neck through middle, to bridge), equipped with 3 Alnico Pro Staggered, Seymour Duncan pickups, also matching the color of the guiatr's body Cast/Sealed, Silver Tuning Machine heads, create good contrast to the maple of the guitar's neck. When I bought the guitar, I bought a Standard Jim Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah pedal with included battery, that explains the price. usually, it would have been 400. Also included with the guitar, was a Fender gigbag, polish cloth, extra tremolo arm, 2 cables (1 Standard, 1 Fender), and a year's warranty and service.