Lite Ash Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Lite Ash Telecaster

Purchased from: Dawsons

I play all kinds of stuff, from metal to punk to blues and most things in between (except coutry, I hate country). The only style it wouldn't suit is metal, but it's a Tele so you should expect that. I play through a Roland Cube 30 and I've gotta say, this is the most beautiful tone there is. I have several electric guitars, a no-name Strat copy, a Vintage Les Paul Copy (really nice for the money) and an Epi Dot (gorgeeous). My first impression (I only bought it today) is that this one stands head and shoulders above them all. It is truly a thing of beauty. The bridge pup is bright and clean as you would expect, the neck is as warm as a very, very warm thing and, my favourite, the middle: just perfect.

I play guitar for my own pleasure and have done for about 6 years, I am not in a band. I wanted a Tele-style guitar just to give me a change from humbuckers and to inspire me to play better (I'm pretty crap). I hadn't intended to spend as much as this, I looked at Squiers and Indies thinking about the 200 mark, but I saw this and was instantly smitten: I had to have it. I have a Vintage LP copy, Epi Dot, no-name Strat copy, Epi AJ10 acoustic and an old bass from my youth and I play through a Cube 30. All of these guitars, with the exception of the no-name, I love and would never part with. This one, I would kill for. I accept that the high end Teles will be better guitars than mine, but 600+? I can't see it. I have never felt moved to write a review before but I had to tell someone about this!

The guitar is a Tele, it's built to last. Tone and volume pots are solid and smooth, selector Switch feels good too. Biggest strap buttons I ever saw. As I've already said though I only bought it today so I don't think I can really give it a rating but first impressions are very good. If I were ever to join a band I would be confident that this is a giggable guitar however I would always have a backup with humbuckers anyway.

Body is lite ash. It's a 2 piece, but it took me a while to find the join, the match is fabulous. The neck is satin and smooth as silk, no sharp edges at the frets. There is one point on the neck where there is just the tiniest bit of roughness but it is so small as to be completely negligable, I'm being brutal and petty here, just so's you know I'm telling the truth. Seriously, I just sat and stared at this thing for a good half hour, I think it is perfect. Action and intonation were absolutely spot-on out of the box.

Made 2005 / 2006, Mexican. Lite ash body, natural finish, standard Tele layout but with Seymour Duncans fitted as stock.