Lite Ash Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Lite Ash Telecaster

As far as sound goes it is awesome, I tend to play mostly rock and I must admit I wasn't sure how well it would hadle it, I bought it because I wanted a guitar with a blusey sound for some stuff I was doing at the time, but it works just aswell on rock, and I must admit competes really well with my Strat (American H/S/S), the pickups on this tele give great variety and gives a lovely bright tone due to the body.

Overall I absolutely love this guitar, it lends itself to any type of music you want to play and has great character, whilst being Brand New it does still look a little like a '50s reissue with those barrel saddles. Although the hardware isnt the best I can't actually understand the price point of this instrument, as it far outstrips Mexican models and to be perfectly honest it terms of sound and playability it's just as good as the US models I have played. Overall this is an instrument that will not damage the wallet that badly but will also give you a wonderful playing experience.

Well as for whether I would gig with this guitar, I am not so sure, don't get me wrong it sounds and plays really well, I just feel it is a little light and well almost delicate, when performing I like the thought of being able to bounce it off walls and still be able to play (not that I do) I just think that if this guitar got bumped around a bit, then it may not make the Encore.

I must say that I was reasonably pleased when I bought it, I didn't feel there were any flaws with the way it played although the action is a little higher than on my Strat and Les Paul, it is by no means awkward or uncomfortable to play. The overall appearence of the guitar is stunning with the abalone inlays on the birdseye maple it can be said that this is an attractive instrument.