Lite Ash Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Lite Ash Telecaster

Purchased from: Used

Most of the features have been listed above and are fantastic for the guitar. It varies but I would rank this one right between the Mexican Standards and the CIJ models. The thing I would like to touch on is the Birdseye Maple Neck. The particular one I got is a heavily marked (I don't know what else you would call it) with the grain of Birdseye. It gets compliments every time I bring it around to shows or repair shops. The features on mine, along with the neck grain, are among the best I have had including the American Standard.

It suits my type of music very well. I play blues/rock all across the board but mostly of the classic rock type with overdrive. I run it through a Fender Blues JR Humboldt edition and a few various pedals and it makes wonderful noise. It has been on a few of my recordings. I made a country recording with it (duh its a tele), a rock recording, a metal recording, and even a jazz recording. I have even used heavy delays and octave/phaser effects for some really weird shit and it is fantastic. A great versatile player.

I can not vouch for the factory set-up since I did buy it used however, the man I bought it from had taken remarkable care for it and it seemed brand new. My particular finish was not the natural wood pattern but the strange cream, not so butterscotch finish. I'm not sure if many came from the factory like that or not. I didn't bother to ask because it looks professionally done with no blemishes, bubbles etc. I did have it verified so I know that it is the correct body for the guitar. When I took it in to be set-up and checked over, the tech told me everything was just fine if not perfect on the internals and that everything was just as it should be.

I have replaced the strap buttons with strap locks because things sometimes get a little crazy. The strap buttons on it were just your regular old strap buttons nothing fancy. If I expected one thing that will need replaced I would expect it to be the tuners first. Everything on it seems solid but for some reason with my guitars I always seem to have some sort of tuner problem. For now though, all of the hardware is working as it should with no issues. I can always depend on this guitar during shows but based on experience, always have a backup.

I currently own 4 guitars. My Gibson ES-135 is the outright number 1. However my others all have their own unique sound because they all have different pickups. The Seymour Duncans along with the Birdseye Maple is what originally attracted me to this guitar. The pickups are nothing ridiculously special but are great for what I do and came standard so there was no need to change them out. The one thing I wish it had (and might come in the future) is a Bigsby, but I can live without one on this guitar. This guitar is perfect for what I do.

Spud Spudly
    All these reviews and nobody says the weight of their lite ash tele? Isn't the point that they weigh little? I have an ash Mia strat that comes in at 6 lbs and 11 ounces. Does it weigh less than that?
    richard.polcsak
    Been playing guitar since 1974 and I can honestly say, this Korean tele is a bloody fantastic guitar. I just bought it recently for $300 CND ( $280 USD ) Honestly felt like I stole it considering it came with a Fender case and Hercules Stand! I have owed at least 12 guitars and only one did I find overall, albeit different, was my '63 Gibson SG ( Ebay $4-5000 ) This Korean Tele is a 9.9/10 IMHO and if you can get one, get your hands on it. Previously, I owned a MIM Tele circa 2004 and by no means did it compare with this guitar in any way. Touch is fine, a slight buzz but it was in a case hardly used since the previous owner bought it new in 2006 and it's now 2014. This was definitely one of my best guitar purchases ever made. I use a 100W twin 12" speaker Fender Champion amp and get a lot of different and solid tones. With the new amp, I spent $ 750 for everything and feel that value wise, it can't be beat.. Cheers!