Lonestar Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Lonestar Stratocaster

I play alot of classic rock and metal including bands such as Iron Maiden, Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC, Metallica, Black Sabbath etc. And I write my own stuff too (mostly metal). This guitar is amazing for everything I play, and then some. The Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates bucker in the bridge screams while the Texas Special pickups in the neck and middle give off an amazing clean tone, and are great for blues.

Once again, this guitar is outstanding for my style of music and I love it to death. If it were ever stolen I would buy the same guitar again no questions asked. I've been playing for about two-and a half years, and I've played quite a few guitars, and few come within the same quality that are even close to the great price range of 700 bucks. I only wish it had more color and pickguard options.

This guitar would give absolutely no problems in a gig situation and I would trust this as my only guitar during a gig without hesitation. The strap buttons are a little thin, so I would suggest getting strap locks but that's not a huge deal. The finish is great and the only reason mine has any scratches is because I'm a little rough with my guitar, and it can clearly take a beating.

The action on the guitar was a little too high for my taste, but it took little effort to lower it quickly. The pickups, and humbucker were all adjusted perfectly and had absolutely no flaws. The rosewood neck helps the sustain of this baby even more than you'd expect. I love the bridge because it allows a whammy bar, but is not a floyd rose, so there is no extra hassle in tuning the instrument. I wish the guitar came with a wider variety of colors, and different pickguards, but the sound is worth settling for looks. The guitar only comes in white, black, and sunburst, all with a tortoise shell pickguard. I got a white one and picked up a black pickguard seperately and it looks sick if I do say so myself.

A gig bag and basic tools were included within the purchase of this guitar, and I must say that the gig bag is amazing quality. Nothing new for Fender. The guitar is a 2008 Fender Lonestar Stratocaster, and it plays beautifully. It has a straight up, moder Strat bridge, Fender made, non-locking tuners, and passive electronics. A 5 way selector switch, two tone and one volume knob are also included, it is an HSS model (humbucker pickup pickup).