Lonestar Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Lonestar Stratocaster

Purchased from: dolphin music

I'll be honest, I've onlu played mexican strats before so I thought I knew what I would be expecting but this guitar sounds absolutley amazing for the price I paid. The two texas special pick ups are espcially good. I play lots of different styles of music such as rock, jazz, metal, Indie and country, which is why I got a Strat in the first place but for all the different styles of music I play, I can get a pretty good authentic sound from this guitar. The only problem is the seymore duncan sounds rubbish on clean, but with a high gain destortion, it sounds beastly. You can pretty much get any sort of sound you want from this guitar. Great sound for price.

overall, I'm really glad I bought this guitar, it's perfect for what I play, it works really well with my amp and effects rig and it's just really good value for money as it's one of the only mexican Fender Strat with all american custom pick ups and a seymore duncan. If someone stole it, I'd probly be very annoyed but I would buy another if I had to. it's much better than any other mexican Strat on the market and might even be better than the american Standard.

The tuners are very good on this guitar. I never really tune it. If I'm rehearsing, it may need a bit of tweaking but other than that it's fine. I upgraded the strap pins to locking strap system, just because I don't want my strap to fall off and drop it. I recomend locking strap systems to anyone with a guitar. I would always gig this guitar just because it sounds amazing, plays really well, it's well balanced and it's nice and light.

Hmmm, mexican guitars are never really well put together, and this one was no exception. The jack plate is off centre, the tone nobs and volume nobs are not very good really and when I got distortion on, I get a pretty bad humming sound when I combine the first 2 pick ups. 1 other thing is that I had to put higher tension springs in the trem system as the bridge was bent up a bit. Other than that everything was fine. Eventhough I had a few minor problems with this when I bought it, I'm still really happy with it. The action is perfect and it plays like a dream.

This is my new Fender Mexican lonestar re-issue. Its made from alder, has 21 medium frets with the Standard mexican hardware. The thing that made me buy this guitar over a Standard or classic players mexican Strat was the pickups. This guitar comes with 2 Texas Special pickups (the same that are in the Stevie Ray Vaughn custom Strat) and a seymore duncan pearly gates humbucker pickup, which is awesome. It came with a few trus rod and bridge wrenches and a delux Fender gig bag. Other than the pick ups, its pretty much a standar mexican Strat.