Lonestar Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Lonestar Stratocaster

I love the sound of this guitar. I can play just about anything with it. It fits my style perfectly. I play a lot of blues, alternative rock and a lot of instrumental stuff( Eric Johnson, Joe Satriani.. all that good stuff). The pick-ups can be a bit noisy at times but it's nothing a noise gate can't handle. The humbucker gives a good crunch and sounds great with fuzz distortion. It has good sound when clean, but can be better. The pick-ups offer variety.. with the pick-ups I play anything from Son House (blues music) to Eric Johnson. The pick-ups can also give a really Jimi Hendrix like sound especially with overdrive. When on the clean channel the Texas Specials offer beautiful sparkling tones as well as a subtle type of warm twang that sounds very nice.

As I said before I play a lot of blues and instrumental guitar stuff and it fits perfectly. There probably are better guitars for blues but not any that can play blues so greatly and so many other genres without sounding off. I've been playing for about 6 or 7 years and I own a few other acoustic guitars, and some pedals(Boss bd-2, original Cry Baby wah, Danelectro Fab Metal, and a DigiTech RP-50). I don't wish I had anything specific before I bought this guitar except maybe a decent distortion pedal rather than my DigiTech. If this guitar was stolen I would most definitely get another one. I love everything about the guitar, I would say my favorite feature would have to be the neck pick-up because that alone offers so much versatility it's crazy. I compared this to an Epiphone Les Paul and a Fender American Telecaster. I chose this guitar simply because the versatility and great sound.The only thing I wish the guitar had was maybe a maple neck and a better tremolo system but other than that I loved it.

I have used this guitar Live and it's great. The hardware definitely seems like it will last for a good while. The straps are petty solid I haven't had any incidents with them. I would gig without a back-up mainly because I don't have one but I have complete confidence in the guitar.. it really is great. The finish seems like it will last I've been careful with it but so far there is no fade or chips or anything.

The guitar was set up pretty good. The action was great and the pick-ups didn't need any adjusting. The only flaw I found in the guitar was the tremolo system. The guitar does tend to get out of tune rather easily when using it quite a bit, but other than that every thing was great.

Well it's a Mexican Deluxe Lonestar Strat. It has 21 medium sized frets, a nice maple neck with a rosewood fretboard that offers a very smooth feel to the guitar. My guitar has a white finish with a brown swirl type of pickgaurd. It has one volume and two tone knobs with a 5 way pick-up selector. It's an HSS Strat as well. The bridge humbucker is a Seymour Duncan pearly gates plus and the middle and neck pick-ups are both texas special pick-ups, which can also be found on Stevie Ray Vaughn's guitar. Mine came with a gig bag and some tools for it as well as an extra whammy bar and spring for the tremolo system in back.