Lonestar Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Lonestar Stratocaster

I really do love this guitar because I can play practically anything on it. You will catch me playing anything from post hardcore bands like A7X to things like Jerry C's "Canon Rock". It has an awesome sound (though I give a lot of credit to my Peavey 30 watt amp). As long as you got some tone turned and tweaked and the sound up, it doesn't matter what kind of music you are playing. It will sound great. And what I love the most is that it is SO quiet. I can turn on as much distortion and turn up the volume loud and all you will hear till you touch those strings is the sound of the amp. I use the Peavey Vyper 30 watt modeling amp, which goes GREAT with this guitar. I would definitely recommend stomp pedals.

I play everything from death metal to orchestra music. I have been playing for a couple years now and I am self taught, and I honestly couldn't ask for a better guitar. I have tried other guitars and they don't fit or play like this. This is a truly unique guitar that you should definitely buy if you have the time and money to experience something new. If I were to lose this guitar, I would definitely consider other ones. This is because I like trying out new things and hearing new sounds. What I would also do is invest in another one of these guitars because they bring out everything I like in a guitar and there's no replacement for them. The only thing I wish I had on this guitar was a floyd rose bridge, solely because I like divebombs. Outstanding product, couldn't ask for a more solid guitar!

I have had this guitar for about a year now, and I can easily say the only thing that hasn't held up is the damage I've done to it. Maybe there are a few scratches... But that is my fault, not the guitar's. All of the hardware (neck, tuning pegs, pickups, bridge, etc.) are in just as good condition as they were the day I got them. If I were to A) Clean them and B) polish them, I would be able to look at this guitar the same day I got it without noticing that it's a year old. It really stays looking nice, especially in the Orange sunburst color.

I gotta say you couldn't do a better job on this if your life depended on it. Not only are all the pieces locked (TIGHTLY) into place, but the ONLY problem I encounter is the washer coming out of place after some time playing plugged in. Easy fix: unscrew the input jack and hold onto it while you tighten it with pliers. Then just don't jerk around the cord too much (pun not intended). But really though this guitar was build amazingly, well worth the money.

This guitar was made in Mexico. It has a total of 21 jumbo frets on a rosewood neck. The body is laminated and the guitar body itself is made of mahogany I believe. It has a lot of nice features! I like the rosewood neck but it does make the strings look a bit darker and it does build up some dirt and grime. The good thing is that it is easy to clean and superior in my belief to necks. It has a volume and 2 tone nobs and can be used with a whammy bar (which you will find me using, often). CANNOT do dive bombs:(2 Texas special & 1 double humbucker pickup, and the tuners do NOT lock in place. In fact you may have to tune it more than once, play around with the strings and retune it to get it in perfect tune. WELL worth it.

willraymont
    HEY guys, these reviews are about two different guitars. One is the USA 1996 Lonestar and the other is the MIM. At least some of you have identified which one you're reviewing!
    mcarol
    These reviews are about 4 or more different guitars. You have to state what year your guitar was made for the reviews to be worth anything. There exists, the USA version, the Mexico version which has been updated at least twice. The pickups are different and some have S1 switch. I have a 2012 it's awesome, has the Pearly Gates Plus for bridge, large frets, tortoise pickguard.