Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

I play the classic rock genre, and I mix in alternative/newer stuff that suits my fancy. The guitar goes right along with it, I can belt out some Zepplin and then Switch it to my favorite pickup setting, the mid/neck position and play some funky music. I use a Roland Cube 30, and I usually use just reverb, sometimes chorus. It sounds fine, other than it needs a sheilding job. I get very bright sounds with it, and being as versatile as it is, I can rock it in metal, which I don't do often, but it goes with me from one tune to another. Lots of variety in this thing. I really like all the sounds I get from it, even with the stock pickups.

It fits all genres I play, perfect match to me. I couldn't be happier, after playing almost 1 and a half years, it's what I need, and what I'm going to use for a long, long time. I wish I had checked out the who nut escapade, and got that fixed, but I'll spend the extra dough, throw in a graphite nut and it'll be right as rain. I would definately buy this again, or maybe get a cheap American Strat instead, if I have the extra money. I love the neck, the biggest pull factor in the whole equation. That was good enough for me, and the sound is good, so thats just cream. I hate that nut! I compared it with my old one, an Ibanez AX120, this whoops it up and down the court. Thats all. I hope you liked my review, and I hope it helped you.

This was goddawful out of the "box," it was previously rented, and basically messed up. The nut has a chip in it, and was loose, and the strings and inotnation were all wrong. The pickups were far too high. The nut is cut too low. Theres also a chip in the finish, but thats why I got a deal on it. I just love the feel of the neck though. Absolutely incredible. Thats why I bought it, that and the sounds.