Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I play mostly classic rock, but have a lot of country beginings as well as a lot of acoustical time and this guitar handles all these perfectly, I currently play through a Marshall MG100DFX with no devices and this baby rocks. There is some slight buzz with hands off the strings, but only with amp in channel 2 and the overdrine on in the humbucker position. This guitar does it all from clean flat top to full on metal.

I play classic rock, country and a little classical, and this gutiar can pull it all off, I was considering a Les Paul but unlike this setup with the humbucker on the bridge I can sound like a Paul but the Les cound'nt sound like my Strat. If someone stole this guitar I would find them, beat them with it, then just keep on playing music with it.

I bought a basic Fender, bolted on the right stuff and now this is one fine guitar, without spending thousands, this guitar could, if I played live, with no problems. I might upgrade the tuners and bridge and lock them down and both positions, besides that, I'll probably will this off when I die. Everything about a Fender is quality and you can feel it when you hold one.

I was disappointed with the factory setup, the top string buzzed, the intonation was a mess and the floating bridge was sloppy. The standard pickups were ok but this wasn't my first rodeo so I replaced them with 2 Seymour Duncan SSl5's and a Seymour Distortion humbucker, I also had the bridge redone w/ more springs had it planted nearly flat to stop the tuning from wandering, I replaced the Fender strings with D'Addario 9's, (I like to bend), with only the string height left I had the tech bring them all the way down to buzz and then up one notch, now the action is amazing.

My Strat is a 2004, Mexican made (save $$). The neck is maple, modern C, full size, 22 frets in rosewood, the body is alder, in black w/white pick guard and polyester coated, the tuners are Fender/Ping standard cast/sealed, the bridge is standard floating with whammy, there are three pickups two single coils and one humbucker at the bridge position, it has one master volume and two tone controls.