Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

Purchased from: PMT

This guitar suits my style perfectly, I play classic rock blues and a little country, I am using a Vox Valvetronix amp and have to say that it sounds superb through it! The guitar has a bright sound and all the typical Fender sounds you'd expect. But it's also very versatile using slight distortion from the amp and it's possible to get warmer tones. In fact the sounds are endless!

It suits my style of music at the moment which I blues, rock, and a little country music which I've been playing for about 26 years, I've had Gibson Les Pauls and a 335 Dot which were supberb guitars. But I fancied something a little different and if you do go for a Strat (even a mexican one). I played an American Strat at the time of buying this one and would say that I couldn't find much difference not 300 worth anyway, I love the sound (sounds)! And love the effects you can get even behind the nut!

Iv'e only played live once since buying this guitar and it stood up superbly no feedback or unnecseary noise, And I think with proper care this guitar would last me a long time, I would certainly use it at a gig without backup, Very reliable, the finish seems very durable.

The guitar was set up quite well from the factory the action was a slightly higher than my own personal taste so I adjusted the bridge so it lies flat to the body and now the action is perfect for me, But hey, it's all about personal taste, the pickups are good but if I were to play at very high volumes in large arena's then I would change them. But they're ok really. All the other hardware is fine.

I bought this Strat (Mexican) in Feb '05 it was new so I guess it's a 2005 model. It has 21 medium frets rosewood fingerboard alder body and finished in artic white. The bridge is a standard srat bridge is guess, strings are thru body, 5-way selector Switch and 3 standard single coil pickups.