Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

This guitar has the most excellent, warm sound I have ever been able to get from a Fender Strat. The pickups are kind of noisy if you aren't holding them, but that is only if you use high, high gain distortion (I am talkin' freakin' death metal distortion). I use this guitar with an Ibanez 50-watt practice amp and a Boss SD-1 Overdrive pedal. It sounds great. I play mainly anywhere from Neil Young to Van Halen, so it a has decent whammy system.

I have been playing for 4 years, and this is one of the best guitars (next to a Gibson Les Paul overprice) and I can see myself playing this 20 years down the line. I play folk-rock, classic rock and New Wave Of British heavy metal.

This guitar would survive a freakin tank shell! It is solid ash! I did change the strap buttons, but that was because I play with it standing up all the time, and I needed something more reliable than the factory set (Same with all other guitars for me).

This guitar came ready to play except for that annoying plastic over the pickguard. My guitar has no flaws that I have discovered in a half a year and countless times playing it.

I got this new, so I guess it's a 2004 model Mex. Strat. I got this in Jan. 2005 on clearance at Guitar Center. It has 21 rounded frets and it has an ash body, so it is kinda heavy. Passive pickups, standard factory tuners, string thru body design. Model number MZ3236825. Strats kick it!