Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

Purchased from: Local guitar store

I like to play lots of music, though it usually falls into the Indie category. The guitar does that broad category well, it's not what you want for heavy gain, metal things. That's mainly because of the hum that comes with the single coils. Does cleans very well. You can get a nice twang out of the bridge pup, and you get a deeper punchy sound from the neck pup. I tend to use the bridge pup more myself. Decent overall, though I am considering sheilding the inside to eliminate some of the annoying hum.

This guitar is what I expected it to be, a good intermediate guitar. I've been playing about 1 year and a half now, and this guitar is much much better than my first guitar. I play it through a Vox AD50VT along with a Zoom multieffects pedal and a Big Muff Pi for a little fuzz. Obviously you'd be getting a better guitar in the American Tele, but that's an extra 400-500 dollars, and it's just marginally better in quality IMO. Overall a very nice guitar for the money.

Have played live a few times, it hasn't crapped out on me or anything. Only complaint is that the input knob sometimes comes a little loose. Easily fixed, but a little annoying. Would gig without backup.

Guitar was set up very well when I got it, much lower than my Strat copy. Makes it much easier to play around with. Finish is fine, no complaints.

A 2005 MIM Tele. Believe it's a poplar body with a maple neck, mine's got a dark red finish and maple fretboard. Volume and tone knobs, with a 3-way Switch. Got me some straplocks as well I put on from an older guitar. I give it a 7 because tele's are very basic, though they do basic well.