Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

Purchased from: Simms Music

I play classic rock, jazz, and blues style music and use a Peavey Classic 30 amp with it. This guitar fits my styles perfectly. The humbucker gives the rock sounds I need and the standard pickup selections handle all the clean playing. I can still get the open clean tones that you would need for jazz playing though it is not as good for jazz as a semi-hollow its versatility makes up for it.

You can make money with this guitar it will do just about everything. It is great for every level of playing. I couldn't by this guitar again because mine just happens to be the rare lake placid blue color and is not replacable. I love the versatility of the guitar because of the 5 pickup settings. But what sold it was how it felt compared to the Les Pauls and the SG and the Ibanez. I liked the way it felt in my hands the most. Its not the priciest guitar but it has everything you would ever need.

I have played and am playing with several bands and it is great for performances. I had one problem with it when the connector for the chord came loose but I tightened it up myself easily. The finish hasn't had a scratch since I bought it.

From the factory the action was better than any other guitar I had played in the store. I prefer a thin neck and very little action and this guitar was the best in the store for me. The pickups didn't need anyother adjusting and their were no flaws but I did get a custom set up after I bought and made the guitar even sweeter.

The Strat I chose is Fat, this means it has a 2 standard 1 humbucking pickup setup. It has 5 Switch settings for those pickups including: neck, neck & center, center, center & humbucker, & humbucker. Volume and 2 tone controls are given. The body is alder. The neck is made of Maple and the fretboard rosewood. There are 21 frets which is kind of dissapointing but still adequate.