Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

Purchased from: My mother's friend.

I play anything from folky James Taylor style stuff, to The Beatles, to AC/DC, to Guns N' Roses, to Relient K. It works well for all of them. I use a Crate GX-10 Amplifier, a Zoom 505 II Guitar multi-effect pedal, and a Boss OS-2 overdrive/distortion Pedal. It's only noisy on the bridge pickup setting, due to common single-coil hum. It has a sound range that can go from bright, rocky, super full, to darker rock stuff, to bright, rich, bluesy sounds. It can make anything from acoustic sounding fingerstyle to heavy punk rock to heavy metal. It's very versatile.

It's a great match to my style of music. I've played a little over 1 1/2 years. A Crate GX-10 amp, Zoom 505 II Guitar pedal, Boss OS-2 overdrive/distortion Pedal, Bently guitars, Lotus bass guitar. No, I couldn't have thought of anything before I got the guitar. I'd buy it again. It'd break my bank, but, yeah, I'd buy it again. I love the sound, the tone, the action. I hate the fact that I don't have Humbuckers when I need them. I wish it had humbuckers with coil-taps.

I'd never play without a backup. Yeah, it'll last. The strap buttons are rock solid. It's a Stratocaster. You can depend on it alright. The finish hasn't worn much at all. It's a good finish.

The action was a little stiff, but I've come to prefer that now. The pickups weren't adjusted right for my style of playing and music from the beginning. The routing etc. was all really good. The bridge is rusty, and the tuning machines loosen up every couple of string changes, but, it still rocks.

Oh my. Year, about seven or eight years ago. Made in Mexico, of course. 21 Frets, 25" scale, thin, almost classic fretwire, maple meck and fingerboard. I'm pretty sure the body is Ash. The neck is maple. A nice, solid finish. Sparkly though. Strat-style body (hello, it is a Strat). A plain, string through body Fender tremolo bridge, passive electronics, 1 volume, 2 tone, 5-way selector, which allows hum canceling in positions 2 and 4. 3 single coil pickups, model etc. unknown. Non-locking Fender/Schaller tuning machines. Gig bag and strap included.