Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

At first I thought the Stratocaster could only play blues, like everyone else does, but I was proven wrong. I play grunge, and this thing works awesome! On the clean setting on my Roland Cube 60, if neck pickups are used if getting a deeper, warmer sound. The humbucker will get more or less the same sound, only higher. While using distortion, the humbucker is the way to go; it has virtually no noise! The neck pickups unfortunately get a lot of noise, so I suggest humbucker.

I really enjoy this guitar, it is 10 times more versatile than I though it was going to be, and it is definately built to last. I was comparing this guitar to a Highway 1 Strat, but this thing blew it away in every category. If this guitar was stolen, I would go buy another right away!

This guitar is awesome, I never need a substitute, everything is not cheaply assembled; this thing is built to last. I had a scare when my strap came of the button, but luckily I grabbed the neck at the last second. I do highly recommend buying either a high-quality strap, or some sort of strap-lock system or something.

This guitar worked like a dream, right out if the box! Everything was setup correctly, and no buzzing on the strings at all! The one bad thing though, after having the guitar for 3 months, I'm starting to get rust on the screws holding the pickguard on. Also, you should make sure no dust gets into the pickups; I'm starting to notice some.

My Strat was made in 2005, in Mexico. It has 21 frets, with Standard dot inlays. The neck is beatiful rosewood, and the body is sunburst. The pickups are great, 2 singles, and 1 humbucker with a 4 way selector. It's got 2 tone knobs and a volume knob. The tuners are non-locking, so I don't go to crazy with my tremolo arm, which was included. If you use the whammy bar, you better have a lot of time to re-tune and lots of extra strings!