Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

Purchased from: McCann's Music

I usually play punk and rock music, and occasionally other things such as country. I play it from a Fender 25W Frontman amp. Playing with distortion is probably this guitar's biggest weakness. It does not have the greatest pickups for loud, attacking distortion. Even though I would considered it good, it is definitely not mind blowing. The humbucker is probably better than a single coil I suppose. On the other hand, without distortion it does sound mind blowing. Just a strum of some simple open chords such as D, C, G, Em and others is all it takes for an absolutely beautiful sound. This sounds best on the neck pickup. I love it how versatile this guitar is. Be it punk, rock, blues or country, the Strat can play it!

As mentioned earlier, I usually play punk and rock music, and this suits those styles very well. It could probably improve with some new pickups, but I am certainly not worried. The guitar I had before this was a Squier. This absolutely blitzes it in any way possible. It sounds, looks, feels and generally performs better. Should this guitar be stolen, I would hunt down the person Who stole it and give them a beating they would never forger. If I could not recover it, I would beat up the thief, steal their wallet, and use their money to by this guitar again. I truly love everything about this guitar. The way it feels to play as absolutely amazing. So if you are wondering, "Should I get a Fender Mexican Strat as apposed to an American one", the answer is "Yes, you most certainly should". I intend buying a USA Strat when I get the money, but for now, this absolutely beautiful guitar is the only one I need!

This guitar certainly seems as though it will last Live playing. As I look over it, one thing that I notice is how solid it is. The pickguard screwed down solidly, the strap buttons are nice and firm, the pickup selector Switch is not loose. Everything on it seems like it is made to last and perform to a very high Standard. A lot of people say that Mexican Strats are poorly built compared to USA ones. This could not be further from the truth. I definitely believe I could depend on this guitar. If I had a gig I would take backup just in case, but I would be 99.9% sure I would not need it.

The guitar was set up extremely well in the factory. I cannot find any flaws in the action, pickups, or anything else. The selector switch is good, and so are the tuning pegs. There is not a whole lot I can say here. It was pretty much spot on. I could not ask for any more!

I got a Fender Mexican Fat Strat H/S/S. The neck has medium 21 frets, and feels very nice to play. The Guitar itself is made out of alder. It has a usual Strat style bridge where the strings go through the body. The tremolo system is very nice. Obviously not the greatest compared to other guitars out there, but it sure does the job. The tuners are very nice as well. They are not at all loose, and keep the guitar in tune very well. I rarely have to tune this guitar. It has 2 tone knobs, a volume knob and a 5-way pickup selector switch as you would expect.The guitar came with a free gig bag, as well as a whammy bar, user's manual, a sticker and some other bits and pieces. Overall I am very pleased with it's features.