Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

I play every style of music that can be played on an electric guitar. I play funk, jazz, rock, metal, death metal, and everything inbetween. I am in a metal band. I play this guitar with a Marshall AVT-20. It can have a thick, dark and heavy sound, but of course the bright and sharp sound that many people love this guitar for.

I play really every kind of music that can be played on an electric guitar(from funk to jazz, from rock to deathmetal), and this guitar has so many voice it can handle anything. I have been playing on this guitar with a Marshall AVT-20 for about half a year and it does everything I could ever want it to do. The only thing that might be it's one imperfection is the slight noise you get when you use the pickup-switch. This is the only guitar I would ever need for anything. I bought it after comparing it to 'that other guitar', the Les Paul. A great guitar, but it simply does not fulfil my versatile needs.

I am not exactly easy on my guitar, but it survives the daily torture I make it go through. I don't see why it would not last the test of time (and my aggressive bashing on the guitar). This guitar could (theoretically) handle four guitarists using this guitar simultaneously.

This guitar was perfectly set-up from the start. There was one flow in the body before the finish was put on. I know this only because I was told after the shop had inspected it. No one has ever noticed it though. The shop had a quick look at it and finetuned whatever was not perfect, so I do not know how exactly it came from the factory.

This guitar was made in Mexico, in 2006. It has 21 frets, I don't know if they have a name but they are pretty thin, set in a Rosewood fretboard. The body has a sunburst finish. I don't think the guitar came with accessories, as all the accessories I got with it are non-Fender brands.