Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

Purchased from: George's music

This Standard Strat MIM sounds very good for my music style, which is blues and rock. I use it with a Boss ME-50 multieffect which it sounds very good with. There is a good amount of hum on these pickups in the first third and fifth selector positions. This guitar can produce very clean, sometimes twangy tones and also very bluesy SRV'ish tones in the neck pickup.

Overall, this guitar matches my bluesy tone very well. I have been playing for about 2 years and also own a Boss ME-50 and Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 40w Tube amp (1X12). If this were stolen, I would probably buy an american or american deluxe Strat for the better pickups and overall quality. I love this guitar for its bluesy feel, but sometimes get annoyed at how twangy the bridge pickup sounds.

This guitar is very reliable, but with any wammying, it can go out of tune rather quickly. The hardware is very durable on this instrument and will last. The strap buttons are very sturdy and there are no second thoughts when it's not on my lap. I would play with this in a gig without a backup for sure. The finish is great. I have not had any significant chips/scrapes of the paint and I intend to keep it that way.

The action on this guitar is very nice. Low to the frets, but no buzzing that I have encountered. The pickups are geared well for this instrument and sound great right out of the box. I have found no flaws as of yet on this guitar and sounds as good as the day I got it.

This Mexican Strat has 21 medium jumbo frets, a rosewood fretboard and has an alder body. The body type is a Stratocaster and has a Standard Strat bridge. The pickups on this baby are 3 passive single coil pickups. It has a 5-way pickup selector, volume knob, and 2 tone knobs. 6 non-locking tuners and came with a gig bag.