Mexican Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Mexican Stratocaster

When I bought it it wasn't very fulfilling. After the modifications it has turned into a crazy hybrid type just like my style. I love all styles of music from metal, grunge, classic rock, alternative, blues, jazz, classical to traditional mexican music and spanish language rock. This guitar has guided me to very interesting sounds from a not so bad lead metal tone to fatter jazz tones.

I've been playing for about ten years. I didn't know what I was buying when I first got it but it had turned out to be my baby. I haven't been able to afford any other electric guitars and would love to own a les paul but who wouldn't. meanwhile this thing is one of my favorite things I own. It has character, wierdness and a dash of quality. If they stole this I would very sad and upset.

Man this puppy is a monster. I have dropped it so many times, taken in from freezing cold to warm and humid. Have unknowingly streched out the neck in my early days of ownership and man everything has happened to this thing and it's still standing strong. Quite a few bumps on the neck and a few chips for character.

The factory set-up and hardware and electronics were not satisfying enough so I spent about 300 dollars upgrading. Too much noise when I first got it. and I don't mind noise but it was that unwanted noise, not the noise that I know I made. The pickups were very weak too.

I own a Mexian Strat. I bought it a Guitar center in August of '99. it's has a 21 fret maple neck. When I bought it it had non passive single coils and basically everything stock from the factory. Since then I have changed the pickups to an active EMG Humbucker at the bridge and noiseless Fender single coils at the mid and neck. I have switched the bridge saddles and to graphite and installed locking tuner. The electronics are set up to switch from the active humbucker the passive single coils in a flick of a Switch. It was a separate volume for the the single coils and the humbucker and also separate tones.